Monday, July 06, 2009


Good Mornin' did y'all have an awesomely patriotic weekend? Ours was pretty good--lots of family time and eating and sweaty fireworks watching. (us, sweaty.. not the fireworks). Hopper and I managed to make it through four flights home to Little Rock and back without me dropping him, checking him in baggage or sonic screaming (OK, maybe one little screech, but that was because we were flying through a thunderstorm and I may have clutched him a little too hard). Hopper was, in fact, a very easy traveller. He actually fell asleep every single time while the plane was still on the tarmac. I think he finds that jet airplane noise very relaxing. I, on the other hand, may have looked like a deranged woman lurching through the airport with my hair only half up in a ponytail, my yoga pants bunched up in an unattractive, yet revealing manner up in the back-- with me attempting to hold the car seat (which weighs 700 lbs even without the chunky kid in it, I promise, ask my sister) in one hand and the carryon bag I packed with 21 days worth of diapers, formula and toys in the other.. I learned really fast that there is absolutely nothing wrong with using your boobs to hold onto both your boarding pass and your iPod, but you have to be able to at one point free up one hand to get the boarding pass out because those Southwest employees balk at plucking things out of your bra. Oh, smirk if you will, but I had lots of room to relax and put up my feet every where we went because, apparently when you both bring the Kuhrazy and the Baby, no one wants to sit anywhere within a 10ft radius. Suckers.

Pictures from the weekend coming up soon. I have about 70 shots of people making funny faces at my baby, it's hilarious.

4 comments:

Allison said...

I have to say I find Southwest unhelpful as far as traveling with kids goes...but that may be every airline. No one goes out of their way to assist you at all (except maybe other parents). Stroller! Stroller! Pop the car seat into the stroller and wheel it to the gate, then gate check it. Big help. I still used the stroller this time and B is 3.

Stinkydog said...

yeah, I really only had one kindof bitchy flight attendant--but I sortof bit her head off and that was it.
We had considered the stroller--we needed the car seat but his big stroller that goes with it, I didn't want to risk the airline battering it to death like what happened with my suitcase and he's too small for the umbrella stroller just yet. So, i just carried it. ooof.

Allison said...

the big strollers are pretty sturdy; mine is a Graco so I don't really care what happens to it. it's also good for pushing your carry-ons when your 3 year old demands to be carried.

Shannono said...

I second the stroller recommendation. Also, never fly with more diapers than you need. Buy them when you get wherever you're going. However, don't ever fly with less diapers than you need ;-)