Tuesday, August 31, 2010

dammit, I had a checklist.

Today was a really stressful day. Not to get too far into it, but in a nutshell, I had an online thing that I was hosting on this website thingamabob with like, over 130 people coming and expecting it to be not sucky and I worked on it for like three weeks and there were rehearsals and I had checklists and THINGS COULD NOT POSSIBLY GO WRONG. Yeah you should know at this point that you should go ahead and step aside while the lightening strikes/and or the poo falls from the sky and lands right where I'm standing. Dude, things could not have gone more off the rails if our office had actually been bombed. Ridiculous things went awry including, but not limited to, parts of MY COMPUTER DYING five minutes before we were to start this online (and thus requiring a computer and ALL of its #*@ING PARTS) thing. GAH. I was literally sprinting down halls and tossing computer parts around my office, cords whizzing by people's heads. It was ugly. Eventually everything got squared away and we only started about five minutes late, but hoo. Boy. I jokingly told my boss that I thought I developed pre-eclampsia sometime around 9:45 this morning. She didn't find it as funny as I did. Possibly because she doesn't think I should be throwing computer parts in my delicate state. heh.

I feel like I've had two mondays in a row. I swear if I wake up tomorrow and it's monday again, I'm not leaving the house.

No comments: