Monday, August 30, 2010

That giant slurping sound you heard this weekend was me getting sucked into the vortex that is the Mockingjay books. (I would recommend against clicking on that link, actually, unless you want to hear a lot of talk about: WHO IS GOING TO PLAY KATNISS?? ZOMGNot Dakota, she's too OLD!...which, sigh). If you haven't yet heard of them, don't worry, you will. Anyway, I started Hunger Games on Saturday morning... I finished Catching Fire last night. I am picking up the final installation on my lunch break. No vampires or werewolves, but kind of a lot of blood and guts, torture and fights to the death. They're catchy, I tell ya.

I had lots of post-apocalyptic dreams that had me walking around a bombed out white house with a baby bjorn strapped to my chest holding a spear to keep away carnivorous monkeys. I think it's safe to say I didn't sleep well.

No comments: