Thursday, August 04, 2011

Days 1-3

So, remember I said I was going to try and take a photo a day for an entire year? I'm sure you've seen people do this. These people normally have nice cameras and a good eye or at least interesting lives filled with travel to wonderful places. I, um, have a penchant for Instagram and decided lack of caffeination. But, you know, we do with what we have.

Here are days 1-3 of My Year Forty

This is Humboldt the Chicken who lives in my office at work because I refuse to bring him home. Humboldt does this thing where he plays the Chicken Dance REALLY LOUDLY and then he clucks three times while jumping. This would not be so nearly terrifying if I hadn't removed his batteries four years ago...and yet he still does it. Randomly. It will scare the bejeezus out of you on a Tuesday morning.


I promise that not all of these will be of my children. Only the things they do that crack me up. Like when Rowan tries to stuff oversized toys into his mouth while speeding across the room in his walker at 6am.


So, apparently, there are Art Cows in Austin now? Which is weird because I'm pretty sure they did Art Guitars not too long ago and didn't some other Texas city already do Art Cows? It's not that I am offended by the presence of Art Cow, it's just that I saw this the other morning right in front of City Hall on my way to work and almost jumped out of my skin thinking it was a real cow. Admittedly, I had not had any coffee. Next time, Art Cow people, can we paint them pink or something?

No comments: