Thursday, March 29, 2012

Gettin' Swifty

It finally happened. Last night, I was able to leave the house without the boys without any babysitters getting into any last minute fender-benders, any great aunts or uncles dying, OR anyone projectile vomiting* before I could leave the driveway.. I know it doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment, but considering all of those things have happened the last three or four times I've made plans to go out, I wasn't about to jinx anything and announce my plans beforehand so the universe could screw with me.  *And actually, that's not entirely true. All was going reeeeeallly well and then ten minutes before I was scheduled to leave, one of the dogs horfed two days worth of kibble onto the living room floor (you're welcome for the visual). I want you to know that I calmly cleaned it up, gave the dog some Pepcid, turned my fist to the sky and said, "Nice Try, Universe, I'M STILL LEAVING."  I didn't even feel a momentary bit of guilt because our friend Diana was babysitting and I am pretty sure that Hopper wants to marry her. I'm only basing that on the number of times he threw himself into her arms and said, "HI, IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU" before I even left the house (FOUR).

To be cont..

 (this posting has been revised upon request because, I believe the technical term is: YOU ARE NOT READY FOR THIS JELLY.  I will post the rest of it in its entirety when Jelly Preparedness has been reached.--thanks!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

loved this :)

Unknown said...

loved this :)

Jewels said...

sigh. I know the feeling. My 20 inch high dog somehow managed to jump the 6 foot high gate out of her kennel.. (she has her own "room" in the basement because she likes to snack on furniture when we're not home). Then managed to barf up abound 2 lbs of foam mattress she ate while she was waiting for us to get home to see how AWESOME she did at escaping her kennel... again.