Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Porca Vacca

So, I mentioned this briefly before and I promise you I will try not to squeal this excitedly like a little girl for the next three months, but WE'RE GOING TO ITALY!  This fall. For 10 days-- Southern Tuscany to be exact. We're staying in a little village called Brollo at a farmhouse called Podere la Casellina (facebook page is here. Oh! and there's a book featuring the farm as well).  Sam is setting us up with some winery visits and we're going to Siena and Florence, too.  Don't be jealous, we're taking the kids with us. I have developed a payback system in my head that guarantees that for every 10 minutes of screaming and/or misbehavior on the plane ride(s) over, mama gets to down a bottle of chianti. I think that's fair.

Anyway, so I have been doing some internet research for our time over there, mainly googling how to buy diapers in Florence or to see if they have an Italian version of Poison Control. You know, the normal stuff. I ran across this incredibly useful information--how to cuss in Italian.  I'm not necessarily saying WE will need to know how to do this. I just want to be able to recognize it when it's directed at me. I also plan on somehow working  "Porca Vacca" into conversation every day for the rest of my life.

Porca Vacca!

No comments: