Saturday, October 06, 2012

Days 3&4: Florence!

Through the mystical power of blog scheduling, I have travelled into the future to tell you what we're up to in Shmitally this week. These are days three and four.

This weekend is going to be all about Florence.  Shortly on my List of Things I'd Rather Stick A Sharp Stick In My Eye Than Do (right behind going on an international flight with two children under the age of 4) is going to a museum filled with priceless art with two children under the age of 4. So, on Saturday, Sam and I are going to leave the boys at the farm to hang out with Gram and Gramdad while we go to Florence by ourselves to look at some pretty pictures and some palaces maybe a nekkid statue or two. During the course of the day we'll probably have some wine in one of the plazas and probably go to the Duomo and some of the less kid-friendly places.
 Then on Sunday, we're going to come back with the kids and spend another day stuffing our gobs full of gelato in Florence because there's no way we're going to be able to see all the stuff there is to see  in one day.  We'll probably go to Boboli Gardens and let them get pecked by aggressive birds in the Plaza della Signoria. I wish we could take the kids to go see the some of the more famous statues, like David over here, but trust me, based on Rowan's most recent new-found, uh,  fascination with his own twig and berries during bathtime, I wouldn't put it past him to climb up and give it a yank.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

This is my favorite day of your trip!! Love the nekkid statues. Hope you guys are having a blast!