Thursday, November 14, 2013

Perfidy

I know that reading about someone else's dreams is probably as riveting as watching the World Curling Championships, but bear with me here.

Lots of people don't remember their dreams the minute they wake up, but I remember my dreams pretty much always. I can remember dreams I had ten years ago, I can remember dreams I had last week.  A good dream can make my whole day. A bad dream can make me want to hurl things. Now. That said, I'm not sure if the one I had last night was good or bad. What I do know is that multiple times through out the whole night full of dreams I kept seeing one word. It would pop up in random places, like graffiti on a wall or I'd be opening a book and it would be in huge letters on a page or some kid would be writing it in the sand on the beach, billboards. You get the idea. The same word over and over again. I remember thinking, "Huh. I have no idea what that word means." I wasn't even sure it was a real word because you know how dreams can play jokes on you and have you convinced you signed up for college level waffle making class (that you forget to attend until the final exam of course). Anyway.  I wasn't convinced this was a real word, but I remembered it and just looked it up. It is real. And now I feel uncomfortable. You want to know what it is?  Perfidy. Sounds not real, right?

per·fi·dy

  [pur-fi-dee] 
noun, plural per·fi·dies.
1.
deliberate breach of faith or trust; faithlessness; treachery: perfidy 
that goes unpunished.
2.
an act or instance of faithlessness or treachery.


Hmmmm, right?  So, I just want you to know, whoever you are or whatever you're doing,  I may not be on to you, but my subconscious is. 

No comments: