Thursday, April 03, 2014

And then there were two...

The puppy went on a sleepover tonight with a potential family. Hopper contested this arrangement.
"I thought O'Malley was OUR dog."
I explained how we were just helping him out til he found his forever family and that letting him go means that we can help even MORE puppies that need us. He thought about this for a second and then said, "ok, but can we get a green one next time?"
Yeah, I'll do my best..
So for me, this is the first time I've only had two dogs at the house since...(mentally calculating) uhhhh, 2003? I know. It's hard to get used to. I keep stepping funny like I'm trying to avoid crushing someone's paw, but there's ROOM TO WALK FREELY. What an odd sensation! I set my work bag down when I walked in the door and 20 minutes later: IT'S STILL THERE. I don't know if I can handle this weirdness, y'all.


Hudson and Bean

1 comment:

Older not wiser said...

your own version of empty nest.