Monday, August 18, 2014

It was a real nice clambake


Today is our seventh anniversary. So, in honor, I'm posting seven photos from the day you may not have seen. Well,actually, I know you haven't seen them because I'm just getting around to scanning them all. What? I've been busy.


I love this one because it has both my parents with their spouses and all three of my mom's sisters AND a bonus of my brother looking disapproving in the background. Plus that person in the beret really rounds it out. I have no idea who that is.

It was a really pretty day.
Contrary to popular belief, I did put Flo on the ground every once in a while but she  was being stalked by a barn owl and a cat that had 10 lbs on her,  so she was a bit nervous.
This is a photo of our cake being made. I believe the stuff in the pan is technically called "Awesome Sauce"


This is the only tiny piece of the cake I got to eat. 

Did I mention it was a pretty day? It was. 


When Sam's grandfather used to leave a family gathering, he would sing this song, "This Was A Real Nice Clambake." Up until recently, I had no idea that he hadn't just made it up himself. Ahem. Anyway, here he is singing it with backup.

This was a real nice clambake
We're mighty glad we came.
The vittles we et were good you bet!
The company was the same.
Our hearts are warm,
Our bellies are full,
And we are feelin' prime.
This was a real nice clambake,
And we all had a real good time!






No comments: