Monday, September 15, 2014

The Car Song

Every morning Hopper and I commute to school and work together because his school is approximately 200 feet from my office (ok maybe a bit more, but not much).  Up until recently, we'd always listen to KUTX on the way in, but with their recent DJ switcheroo, I've had to make alternate plans. (I like John Aeilli just fine, but I can't listen to babbling that early in the morning, it makes me feel like I'm still in the middle of a nonsense dream involving taco flavored bubblegum and Nina Simone). SO, instead I let Hopper pick music off my iphone.  I will usually insist that he not play the same song over and over again, but if he had his choice, we would listen to this song, on repeat for as many times as we could until we pull up to campus. The Alkaline Trio version of Movin' Right Along. It's his absolute favorite, knocking off the theme song to Rescue Bots and David Bowie's Fame.  Our drive takes about 20 minutes, so I will usually have to listen to it at least 2-3 times every day, watching him in the rear-view mirror bop his head along to it in that adorable rhythm-free way he has.  Listen to this as many times in row as you're able and you pretty much have my morning commute. Thank GOD it's not Yellow Submarine.


No comments: