Saturday, November 28, 2015

Guest post, bitches

Sisters. They're funny creatures. Creatures that I'm only familiar with because my best friend has allowed me into the family. I am honored to be accepted. But it's weird. Because sometimes I don't get it. And sometimes I totally understand it. I've never experienced sibling love like I witness when I spend time with the Bells. 


I met the Bells 21 years ago. And somehow, they opened their wings and welcomed me into their family. 

Who does that?

The Bell sisters do.

I am a sister. Or maybe I'm "sisterish". Whatever. It's all the same to me.  

We are sitting here drinking wine and listening to music, getting ready to leave for dinner and I'm sad. Because after dinner I leave them knowing I love them; knowing they are my ssters but not really. I am lucky to be chosen. I oftentimes wish it was more than that. 

Welcome to the holidays, bitches. 
Love, Mel



No comments: