Friday, November 20, 2015

You Shall Not Password

Every Friday is "New Game" day which basically means that if my children manage to make it through the week with out kicking/hitting/pinching anyone while finishing all of their homework and being reasonable Citizens of Earth, they can download a new game from the App Store.  So, since this was a relatively successful week, Hop got to download this SkyFarter(lander?) thing he has literally been asking for since... last Saturday morning.  I download it for him and go to "rest my eyes" when, not even 30 minutes later, he wants to download something else because this one is "boring."
"I'm sorry, bud, that was your download, you don't get a chance for another one til next Friday."
Oh. Dear. Lord. The Wailing. And then the cajoling and then more wailing and then angrily demanding that ALL I NEED TO DO is give him the PASSWORD and he'll DO IT HIMSELF.
"Uh, yeah, No. That's the point of passwords."
More wailing ensues which prompts me to tell him in a loving, motherly way, to go speak to the hand because the elbow is not listening.
Then he stomps off and says he's going to "write me a card" and it's "not gonna be a Valentine."
I look up a minute later and he's standing in the room silently holding up this:

If you can't read it, it says, "I hate you Mom by Hopper" 
And I start laughing,
So he stomps out of the room again and comes back a minute later, holding up this one: 
"Go Away Mom"

He stands like that for probably five minutes while I'm really trying not to laugh where he can hear me. 
Two minutes later he runs into the room, throws himself in my arms and wails, "I I DIDN'T MEAN IT, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, DON'T LET MY AWESOME WORD SIGNS CONVINCE YOU OTHERWISE!!!"

So, I hugged him back and told him I loved him too. He sighs contentedly and says, "Does this mean I get the password?"


No comments: