Saturday, March 25, 2017

Bluebonnets Redux

When the boys and I were on our way out of town for Spring Break, I saw some pretty bluebonnets and made/forced/bad-mommed them into stopping on the side of the highway to take photos. In those pictures they look like they're having to sit on active fire ant beds and freezing to death...which they sort of were because it was like 55 degrees and raining. I also got a thorn in my leg from kneeling in a briar patch on that photo shoot that caused an infection on my lower leg which did not resolve itself til this week, so you know: instant karma and also, eww: gross.

BUT TODAY. Today is about as beautiful as Austin gets--it's 80 degrees and sunny and the wildflowers are just out of this world.  Snakes are moving, but, you know, AWAY from me... so that's ok. This time no thorns, just a lot of chiggers (it's like 3 hours later and I'm about to douse myself in rubbing alcohol). But I'll do anything for a great bluebonnet shoot...














For their last picture, I let them pose however they wanted to do. Rowan went with doing the Twist and Hopper went with "Public Restroom Squat"-- it's a keeper.



No comments: