Monday, April 03, 2006

weekend, part 2

So, Seaworld was just the beginning of our weekend. On Saturday, Connor and Casey both ran in the Statesman Dillo Kids Mile Run. It was a nice morning for it and they both hung in there...for the most part.



Casey decided that the folks putting on this run-thingie really should have made it about 1/2 a mile shorter. She ran about as far as she wanted to go and then decided she was D-O-N-E. She then sat down and refused to go further. I can't really say I blame her. Say what you will, the chicklet knows what she thinks about stuff. She's also my sister's Mini-Me.



So after that, we were really looking forward to going to Spamarama. But I have to say: it totally sucked. It was completely boring and devoid of any of that zany-ness they're so fond of touting. Plus, we got there at 3pm, which is only about half-way through the entire thing and 98% of all the Spam Cookoff stuff was gone. Plus, Spam is kinda stinky.

It was really a bad weekend to miss that extra hour, but we got up in time to go see my sister run the Capitol 10K. This is one of the biggest foot-races in Texas with almost 14,000 people competing. She came in the top 400 women, so that was cool.



She wasn't all that happy with her time, but I think she did pretty well for her first 10K (she usually runs 5Ks). Besides, if it were me, I'd probably still be about a mile from the finish line. I don't do races.

This is Sam and the kids. Connor is holding his souvenir from SeaWorld which he named, Sam the Super Penguin. Sam the Super Penguin shoots laser beams from his beak. Not unlike the regular Sam after a few cocktails.




Anyway, so that was our weekend in a nutshell. I have about 115 more photos and not even all of them are of Seaworld. I'll save those for family though.

No comments: