Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Movie Review


A Movie Review for "Year of the Dog"

or

I Watch This Crap, So You Don't Have To

Molly Shannon's dog dies, so she goes batshit crazy. And, uh, that's pretty much it. oh, and Mike White, the Director and Writer manages to employ every patently offensive stereotype about dog rescuers and animal lovers into 2 hours or less.

You know, I started to write a whole diatribe post about every single plot point that pissed me off and how un-redeeming and useless this movie was and then I was going to finish it off with DON'T WATCH IT. But then I realized that most of you are going to read the video description where it says "A secretary's life changes in unexpected ways after her dog dies" and there isn't a snowball's chance in hell you're going to watch this movie anyway. But let me just say that 4 years from now, when you're flipping through cable channels and it's either this movie or someone selling Magic Sweater Shavers on the QVC, go for the shavers. That is all.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

I, for one, thank you very much. Time saved. whew!