Friday, April 08, 2011

Oh wow, I made it to Friday! Trust me, peeps, this was not a given. Monday sucked as much as I thought it would. Luckily for me, the ladies at the boys' new daycare are familiar with dealing with slightly neurotic, sleep-deprived and weepy moms. They gave me a big hug and booted me out the door which is exactly what I needed. Don't worry, I only cried til noon. And then I had to start the process of getting back into work--Would you like to know how many emails can pile up when you don't check your work inbox for 10 weeks? Care to guess? 1968. Note: if you sent an email to my work address and you are not my boss, chances are, I didn't read it. DELETE ALL.

In addition to the difficulty of dropping the boys off at a new place and leaving the baby for the first time, Rowan has been sick. It started with a little cough that turned into a big cough that turned into a "HOLY S*@% CAN HE BREATHE?" cough. So, off to the doc and a day at home with him, getting nebulizer treatments etc. It's okay: he's okay and getting better, but man, it's was a little rough there for a few. I know that this is just the first of many illnesses I will deal with over the course of the next few years, but for the record, Universe, I NEEDED A LITTLE BIT MORE PREP TIME.

Hopper,on the other hand, is having a fantastic week. He loves the new place--new toys, new and less bitey friends.. It helps that he is independent to the point of barely letting me walk him inside the building. Our goodbyes usually go like this:
Me: Hop, come give me a kiss goodbye
Hop: NO!
Me, kissing him anyway
Hop: NOoooooooooooooOOO!
Me: Bye Hopper!
Hop: BYE (shoves me towards door)

So, all in all, it's turned out to be a fairly ok week, other than the fact that it has lasted about 27 years (or is that just me?). Next week my goal is to make it out of the house having brushed my hair and with some semblance of makeup on my face. Yeah, not there yet. SO PRETTY. Yall have a great weekend!

No comments: