Thursday, June 23, 2011

Plinkies!

Plinkies, you may remember, are blog topic prompts you can get sent to you via email from Plinky.com....assuming you are tired of talking about spitup and/or dog farts. (psh, like that happens).

What do you wish you spent more time doing?
Snoring softly in hammock hung between two very large shade trees with a nice cool breeze.

Describe your best friend from childhood.
My best friend from the time we were about 4 years old to fourth grade was Amy Peck (Hi Amy! We're Facebook friends). She lived down the hill from me and we were inseperable. She had a mass of curly hair (still does and it is still fabulous) and a supercool record player. We were always dancing to Ronco Records Funky Favorites or making things out of the red clay in our yard. Or improvising new gardening methods involving ripping the blooms off of her mother's carefully tended flower beds and burying them 3 feet deep in other parts of the neighborhood. Just fyi, Amy, I visited one of those spots twenty years later and THEY FINALLY BLOOMED.

What's the best news you could receive right now?
ooooh, this is a toughie. I know, but I don't want to jinx it.

If you suddenly ran into your most recent ex, what would your response be?
oh, I don't have any "recent" exes. Sam and I dated forever before we got married and for a few years before that, I never dated anyone for more than 2-3 months. So, for a "recent" EX, we'd have to go back, like 15 years?? gah! First of all, I think we probably wouldn't even recognize each other if we passed each other on the street. And if we did, we'd be like "DAMN, WE'RE OLD." But then, I'd want to sit down and have a drink and shoot the breeze because, a long time ago, we were friends and we didn't end up that way-- which is too bad. Totally justifiable and necessary at the time, but too bad. So, I'd sit down and have a beer and tell stories about what life is like now with my boys and Sam and the dog farts and everything else, because MAN, you wouldn't *believe* how much has happened since then.

No comments: