Friday, November 13, 2015

11/13/15

I was sitting down to write about this long day and this shitty week and then I started seeing news about Paris and I realize that there's nothing to say. Just sadness. I'm sad about what this means for the people of France (goodbye illusion of safety), what it means for all of us, really. There was a time when things like this would happen in another county and we'd hear about it on the news and we'd think, "oh that's terrible" but secretly we'd breathe a sigh of relief that we live somewhere SAFE where things like that don't happen. I don't think there's anyone who believes that anymore.  I think we all know that it just as easily could have been Austin or Little Rock or Portland (or anywhere really). We're all living in a world where things like this can happen anywhere, anytime. We're all Paris. And tonight my heart aches for all of us.


No comments: