Thursday, August 11, 2016

Farm Days 4-6, 2016

It's been a busy week at the farm, and by "busy" I mean, we've had to brush our hair and put on pants once or twice. On Monday we spent some time looking at Art which Rowan found damn near intolerable. 
But Hopper was a bit more reasonable. Now that is a sentence I never thought I'd write.


But as usual, we did get to see some cool stuff, other than the Nudes at The Clark which Hopper declared, "A Lot of Looking at Naked Butt."

On Tuesday we went to Jiminy Peak which, in retrospect, may not have been the best plan for when Sam was injured because the boys are still a little too short/skinny to ride the Mountain Coaster alone, so I had to ride it a LOT. Like, a nauseous amount. To be fair, more than once is really a nauseous amount for me because I get a little green on Merry Go Rounds. Suffice it to say, the day

was a wee bit painful for me. Also painful: the sunburn I got after riding mountain rides in the sun for six straight hours. But the boys didn't want to leave. I love this shot of Hopper on the climbing wall because it makes it look like he's more than 3 feet off the ground. I can assure you, he is not.


I took videos of both the mountain coaster and the alpine slide, even though the guy on the coaster yelled at me, telling me I needed BOTH hands to operate the brakes, which is bullshit because there are no "brakes" on that sucker, there is only near death and vomiting. 

I don't know if the links will work here, but I'll try:


We have also gotten to spend lots of cousin time with Luna. Rowan has previously expressed interest in having a little sister, so it's been great to see him interact with her. And by "interact" I mean she expresses interest in a toy and he then spends the rest of his day trying to hide it. 





Today it is almost 90 degrees which is unacceptable. Luckily for us, we just have to skip up the road and immediately jump into the pond. I have a million photos of this because we've been doing it every single day. 






There are even some (cough) off ME jumping off the dock, but you are not likely to see those any time soon. 

Tonight, Sam and I go to a James Beard Award winning restaurant in Hudson, so I'll be sure to get plenty of photos of that instead.





No comments: